Answers to Your Questions
Do you have questions about how to donate a car to charity? Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the car donation process. If you don't find the information you need here, please feel free to call our toll free number 1 (866) 779-1362.
- How long will it take for my vehicle to be picked up?
- Is my car donation tax deductible?
- What type of vehicles do you accept as donations?
- What paperwork do I need to donate my vehicle?
- My car hasn't run in years. Can I still donate it?
- Do you pick up vehicles nationwide?
- How do I calculate the value of my donated vehicle?
- How will my car be picked up?
- How can I schedule a pickup?
We can normally pick up your car within a few days. If you need your car picked up sooner, please call and we will try to make arrangements to fit your schedule.
Vehicles donated on this site will benefit Activated Ministries, a nonprofit Christian Ministry classified with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and are tax deductible. For more information, you can check out A Donor's Guide to Vehicle Donations(pdf).
We accept most cars, trucks, vans, fleet vehicles, trailers, boats, motorcycles, and RV's. If you have any questions about what you can donate, please send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us toll-free at 1 (866) 779-1362.
In most cases we need the title to the vehicle. But, if you do not have title papers call us anyway; other arrangements can sometimes be worked out. You may contact us by submitting our Car Donation Form or by calling us toll-free at 1 (866) 779-1362.
Yes, we are able to accept most vehicles whether they run or not (exceptions include older or damaged vehicles whose value would not offset the cost of towing). To find out if we can accept your vehicle, please complete and submit our online donation form.
Yes, we can pick up most vehicles in most localities throughout the continental US and Hawaii.
Car donation tax laws in effect as of Jan. 1st, 2005
Your car donation to an IRS approved 501(c)3 charity is still tax deductible and will fall into one of these categories:
- For low value vehicle donations you can claim the fair market value up to $500.00 without any additional paperwork besides the receipt we will provide at the time of the pickup.
- If you donate a car that is worth more then $500.00, your deduction will be limited to the actual sale price of your car donation. If your vehicle is sold, all proceeds will benefit Activated Ministries, a 501(c)3 Christian charity. We will provide you with a receipt stating the final sales price of your vehicle within 30 days of the sale of your donated car. We will work to get top dollar for your car donation, however most vehicles are sold "wholesale" at auctions, dealerships etc. and are frequently sold for less then the Kelly Blue Book value.
- For cars that are in safe and good running order that we can specifically use for our charitable projects or if we can significantly improve your vehicle before it is sold then you can generally claim your car's fair market value. Please call us at 1 (866) 779-1362 if you want to verify if this would be the case for your car donation. If your donated vehicle is used by Activated Ministries for our charitable purposes or if it is improved before the sale, we will provide you with a receipt specifying this exception so that you can claim the fair market value of your car donation.
We will arrange to have your vehicle towed away at a scheduled time.
Please complete and submit our Car Donation Form or call us toll free at 1 (866) 779-1362.